i. I've been awake for three hours and I really, really don't want to be. Awake or at work. I slept maybe four hours last night ( I blame the Pete/Patrick mpreg I discovered at the last minute, and had to spend an hour reading), and I spent all of yesterday travelling - five hours on the train and innumerable hours of moving about besides. Clearly my body is not made for this moving about thing. I have a delicate constitution!
Anyway, I feel like I have a hangover which is doubly unfair since I haven't had a drink in two months. On the other hand, haven't had a drink in two much, which: yay!
ii. In other news, I met up with fleshdress
yesterday, and we went to the Seduction Exhibition at the Barbican. Seduction, apparently, means lots of naked pictures, which, hey if that works for you then great, but I was expecting something more. There wasn't enough pre-1900 naked pictures, and what there was was a bit repetitive. However, there were highlights:
- Tentacle porn. No, really. A woman being accosted through numerous orifices by an octopus.
- Fisting photographs (Robert Mapplethorpe?). One of many times we realised we should be shocked by something, but being from the HP fandom, naturally weren't. Still, it was interesting to see half an arm inside someone's arse.
- Video footage of a woman getting head, but seen only from the shoulders up.
- Photographs of two young guys being friendly and sweet and finally naked with each other. Two tall, slim, attratcive guys in their twenties. In a variety of positions. We all agreed this was the best part.
- Being warned for homosexual sadomasochism, and then homo- and heterosexual graphic sex. Another time when we clearly were expected to be disturbed and shocked, but, being perverts, were not. Oh well.
- Tracey Emin's collage called "Is anal sex legal? Is legal sex anal?". This was particularly fun because it consisted mostly of extreme (yet artistic!) close-ups and we had to figure out what the various bodily organs were. Although we did agree that the snail had no place there. And I liked the armpit most. ;)
We also had lunch, coffee, and evening snack, and discussed many fannish topics. fleshdress
expressed concern for all the bandom boys with their very tight girls' jeans, and how this would inevitably squish things. We spent some time considering how this might occur. She also indicated that Frank Iero would be her favourite if I managed to lure her into bandom, and I told her about how Frank likes to give blowjobs over bets, is tiny and adorable, and enjoys being petted by Gerard a lot. I also narrated the premises of a number of fics (Frank is an inexplicable angel! Frank likes to hurt Gerard then kiss him better! Frank makes friends with streetkids Gerard and Mikey! Patrick loses his tattoo virginity!), which means I'll have to provide some recs in the near future.
We also talked about how fandom is crazy, how Dean Winchester is awesome like pie, and how we should write a letter to the Guardian saying the exhibition wasn't shocking enough. Fun times. :)
iii. My brain wants to crawl out of my brain. Please send help. Or porn. Porn would be good. Or pictures of Frank Iero et al. Those are always welcome.